Vaanster and MECOMS have decided to enter into a strategic relationship for the implementation of the MECOMS application platform for the needs of handling customer administration and invoicing for Vaanster customers.
This cooperation fits in with the proposed strategy of MECOMS with regard to the heat market. The Netherlands has started an accelerated reduction of its gas production in Groningen in order to achieve a complete shutdown in 2030. Gas will be used less for, among other things, heating and hot water, but more will be spent on savings, the use of residual heat and the use of other sustainable heat sources. Here, more attention is being paid to the use of district heating networks.
MECOMS responds to the increasing demand for a standard platform to handle customer processes within the heat sector in an efficient and user-friendly manner. This heat platform can be used for both smaller and larger heat companies. The platform provides for the various conditions for the supply of heat and allows for scaling in the growing heat market in the Netherlands. Here the customer experience is very important, offering self-service applications in a digital strategy is of course an essential part.
Who is VAANSTER?
Vaanster is the market leader in the Netherlands in the supply of sustainable heat and cold to private and business customers. To this end, we take care of the realization and exploitation of ATES projects and supply heat and cold to more than 10,000 private customers on a daily basis. They do this with individual and collective heat pump systems. With the tightening of the current regulations no new construction projects are realized that are not sustainable. Vaanster is ready for further growth of exploitation projects. By investing in sustainable energy applications they want to contribute to the sustainability of the Dutch energy supply. Durable, reliable and affordable.
Who is MECOMS?
MECOMS is a Ferranti company specialized in the energy and utility market. For over 40 years they provide quality services in the sector. MECOMS is an application platform focused on, among other things, the handling of customer administration and invoicing based on Microsoft Dynamics 365. Based in Antwerp, the organization focuses on the market in the Netherlands and Belgium and in international context they supply their customers via implementation partners.
Platform thinking has become a vital cornerstone for any CIO to address the new way of working, enhanced customer experience, digitization and overall increased demand of the end consumer while streamlining their operations to maintain a healthy cost to serve.
MECOMS 365 offers utilities a strong connected application platform based on Microsoft Dynamics 365 in a cloud first strategy that addresses these challenges.
As a vertical solution provider, MECOMS delivers their MECOMS 365 CE/CIS/MDM* solution to utilities giving customers access to the power and flexibility of Microsoft Dynamics 365 tailored to the specific needs of Energy and Utilities companies.
What does MECOMS 365 mean for me?
- A cloud first strategy is a bold statement. More and more utilities are benefitting from the agility of cloud based applications and infrastructure to innovate. 100% cloud based or a mixed hybrid strategy are a possibility with MECOMS 365.
- MECOMS 365 has embraced customer satisfaction and customer experience first in its design from day one. MECOMS 365 Customer Engagement allows utilities to connect to their customer via an omni-channel approach leveraging modern technology such as LiveAssist, Social Integration, our MECOMS Interactive Agent AI based chatbots and personalized Document Fullfillment. These channels can easily be adapted to the company identity, tone of voice and processes.
- A connected cloud ready platform enables a simplification of the IT landscape by giving the integration benefits of a cloud platform together with CRM and new applications like Power BI, Flow and Cortana AI.
- With Office365, you can leverage productivity and collaboration tools that work together in new ways that only Microsoft can deliver.
- With MECOMS 365 you benefit from the high quality security standards of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Azure.
- The MECOMS rich partner channel allows extending the platform with standard, proven components from companies such as November Five, CafeX, Formpipe and Dynamics Software. This drives simplification while maintaining openness and flexibility in the IT overall architecture.
- The new MECOMS 365 user experience brings a fully web enabled application. The concept of workspaces centralizing all the activities of a user for their specific role in an attractive dashboard that includes workflow status, KPI’s and other business intelligence information. All information displayed is actionable and allows users to control their business responsibilities efficiently.
- Existing customer can benefit from an attractive upgrade incentive to move to MECOMS 365.
“This is only a small preview of what MECOMS 365 brings to the table, at Boost18 the MECOMS Utility Conference hosted in Antwerp we will share and collaborate with our prospects, customers and partners on this exciting new chapter of our journey in Utilities. Over 150 utility professionals will network and experience the benefits of MECOMS 365 at our worldwide conference . It’s going to be an exciting year end.” says Johan Vandekerckhove, CCO MECOMS.
Visit www.mecoms.com/boost18 for more information and registration info.
(*) CE (Customer Engagement), CIS (Customer Information System), MDM (Meter Data Management)